MedVance® Alginate Dressing
MedVance® Alginate dressing is intended for the management of moderate to heavily exuding wounds including leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, cavity wounds and surgical and traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention.
- Hydrophilic gel is rapidly formed when dressing comes in contact with wound exudate providing a moist wound healing environment
- High absorption capacity increases wear time.
- Can be layered for deep wounds and for cavities.
- Conforms to body contours and provides maximum patient comfort.
- Delivers enhanced wet and dry strength for easy application and removal.
|Product Code||Size||Box||Boxes / Case||HCPCS|
|V4000202||2” x 2”||5||80||A6196|
|V4000408||4” x 8”||5||80||A6197|
|V4004242||4.25” x 4.25”||5||80||A6197|
1. Follow wound bed preparation protocol including wound cleansing and debridement
2. Select a suitable dressing size that fits into the wound bed with no overlap
3. Apply the pad or rope to the wound bed with no overlap. If you need to fold the pad or rope
to fit into the wound bed. Cover with a secondary dressing or bandage for fixation
4. To change the dressing, remove secondary dressing or bandage. Dispose as medical waste.
5. Follow wound bed preparation protocol including cleansing with appropriate solution before
applying subsequent dressings.